Tuesday 29 October 2013

"God is at Home....

....it's We Who Have Gone Out for a Walk."



The above quote from Miester Eckhart came to my attention just at an appropriate time. Deepavali or Diwali is just around the corner. The festival of Lights. 

And like in almost all Indian homes there is some activity going on at my home too. After taking stock of my sufficiently large collection of diyas and candles, which include those leftover from the last couple of Diwalis as well as or the new ones that were acquired over the year, I have decided that I don't need to purchase any more of these for this year's festival of lights.

Over the last few days some neglected corners of the home are getting cleaned and spruced up. I have been trying to bring some newness to a few corners, moving a few things around, re-organizing and re-arranging, and even adding a little bit of quiet glitz to certain areas.

All this preparation to remind that God is at Home, Light is at Home, the Inner Home, the Home Within. It only gets hidden under the darkness or dullness. We need to clean up, dust off and polish those dark areas, those hidden corners, make room for the Light to shine through.   

Walk back to the home, the home within, to the Light Within. 
Search for that Harmony - Inner and Outer.




(Photos clicked by me at home)

With this post I am starting a new series- "Reminders to self." A self-explanatory title.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire some thought or reflection? Why not share it with me?