Saturday 2 November 2013

From Darkness to Light

A new post in the series - Satyam Shivam Sundaram
A series featuring inspiring words from various sources, words that speak of  timeless truths, words that remind me of the deeper and hidden truth behind surface events and phenomena, words that shine light when all seems dark, words that are just what I need - 
for this moment and for all times to come.


Photo by Suhas Mehra

Read and contemplated upon a beautiful aphorism from Sri Aurobindo yesterday. 
This is my prayer and invocation for this special day of Diwali.

May this Festival of Lights bestow upon the humanity a vision to see a bit more deeply, a bit more highly, a bit more widely. 

"When I look back on my past life, I see that if I had not
failed and suffered, I would have lost my life’s supreme
blessings; yet at the time of the suffering and failure,
I was vexed with the sense of calamity. Because we
cannot see anything but the one fact under our noses,
therefore we indulge in all these snifflings and clamours.
Be silent, ye foolish hearts! Slay the ego, learn to see and
feel vastly and universally."

~ Sri Aurobindo, Thoughts and Aphorisms

***
Previous posts in this series:


No comments :

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire some thought or reflection? Why not share it with me?